Wednesday, April 7, 2010

CUDDLEFISH

Cuddlefish is an 11-piece twee collective from somewhere in rural Maine. They put out their first EP, Cuddle with Cuddlefish last fall. I spoke with frontman Budd Gerald about their forthcoming album and first tour, which is planned for summer 2010.

AFL: Hey there
BG: Yo.
AFL: So, how is the weather up in Maine?
BG: Cold. Wet. It's kind of like touching a frog's skin, you know? A frog that's cold and wet.
AFL: Yeah, I've touched some frogs in my day.
BG: Haven't we all.
AFL: Heh, yeah. So...
BG: Yeah?
AFL: Well, I was gonna ask you about your first EP...
BG: Oh, you mean Adventures In Cuddleland?
AFL: Yeah. er, I mean... isn't it called Cuddle With Cuddlefish?
BG: No.
AFL: Oh.
BG: Yeah, uh...
AFL:...
BG:...
AFL:... soooo... who's in your band?
BG: Oh, well, there's me, I write all the words and I sing. Delilia sings too. There's John, he plays the guitar. Maria plays the keys. Dave plays the drums. Jasper plays the bass. I forget the rest of the members, they rotate in and out. It's pretty much just me and Delilia the whole time, firing and hiring new members. It's a collective, you know.
AFL: Yeah. So... are you gonna play a song for us?
BG: Sure.
*Cuddlefish plays a song. I think it was called "Rubber Tires and Big Fat Liars"*
AFL: Wow. That... that was really somethin'
BG: Yeah. I guess.
AFL: So... this summer tour. When's it startin?
BG: Oh, it's cancelled.
AFL: What?
BG: Yeah. Delilia is pregnant, we can't go on tour.
AFL: Oh! Wow... that's ashame.
BG: Yeah. I guess.




---




Yeah, it wasn't a very good interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment